Easy Cinnamon roll cake is absolute perfection. It’s simple to make, crazy delicious loaded with cinnamon sugar and covered in sweet icing. This Cinnamon roll coffee cake is baked in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Start with mixing flour, salt, sugar, baking powder with a whisk. In a separate bowl mix the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
Mix the wet and dry together, then add in the melted butter. After the cake is baked, start swirling the brown sugar and cinnamon into the cake.
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
For the Yellow Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For the Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprays a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Start by preparing the crumb mixture. Melt butter in a heatproof bowl. Let cool for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the flour mixture and continue stirring until just combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, spread half the crumb mixture over the cake layer.
- Carefully pour remaining batter evenly over the crumb layer. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top. Return pan to the oven and bake for another 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cover cake with aluminum foil towards the end if crumb mixture appears to be browning too much. Remove from the oven and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl.
- The glaze should be slightly runny. Drizzle glaze over the cake, using a spoon, and cut into squares.