This Caribbean-style chicken has a spicy kick to it and is sure to impress your family and dinner guests. Done right, chicken is one of the great traditions of the world, it is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.
This Carribean c has to be hot, but it cannot only be hot, or you get no joy from it.” This recipe delivers that joy.
- 1 whole small organic chicken cut into pieces or 3 lbs chicken breast cut into large chunks
- 4-6 organic chicken thighs
- 4-6 organic drumsticks
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into big chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into large chunks
- 4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- Place first 12 ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Let chicken stand in seasonings for at least 30 minutes, like in the pictures, cover, and place in the fridge.
- Add the sugar distributed through the bottom of the pan like in the pictures.
- When the sugar begins to bubble and color is getting a pale to dark brown take chicken pieces and arrange them into the pan. Cook them on all sides until they brown a bit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ketchup, marinade, 2 cups of water and stir until blended.
- Bring chicken to a rapid boil, then lower the flame, cover pan partially, and let cook for 1 hour stirring in between 2-3 times.
- Sprinkle some fresh herbs if desired and serve over brown rice.