This is a very simple recipe of vanilla cheesecake and in case you want to have variations in flavour, it can be easily done. The most important thing in a cheesecake is to have a springform. Begin with adding sugar then melted butter to your biscuit crumbs an mix them very well then place them in the springform pan. You can easily crush your biscuits in a blender or place them in a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin. Use the back of the spoon to line the crumbs with the tin then place it in the refrigerator.
For the cheesecake, add in cream cheese in a stand mixer and beat that until absolutely smooth. Once really smooth, add in sugar and beat once more then add your eggs one at a time. After each addition, beat the butter well then add the other. When you add all the eggs at once, the batter will curdle so to avoid that you have to be careful when you are adding the eggs. Add in the cream then vanilla essence and lemon rind then carefully fold in the batter to mix once more.
Pour the mixture in the cake pan lined with the biscuit crumbs and bake it in a 180 degrees Celcius preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes then let t cool in the oven for another 2 hours. Once baked, let it cool and chilled before eating.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 large Eggs
- 300g sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press over the base and side.
- Place in fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
- Add the eggs. Beat until smooth. Add sour cream. Beat until just combined. Pour into base.
- Place pan on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until just set. Turn oven off.
- Cool in oven, with door ajar, for 2 hours. Chill for 3 hours before serving.