This banana chocolate cupcake comes with a delicious chocolate frosting. Making the butter for this cupcakes is really easy, you will need two bowl,s one for the dry ingredients and the other for the wet ingredients then mix them together. Start with the dry ingredients; add all-purpose flour in a bowl, together with granulated white sugar, cocoa powder, you can use either unsweetened cocoa powder or the Dutch process. You will also need baking soda, baking powder and salt then whisk that together. For the wet ingredients; you will need one ripped banana, over ripped banana have the sweet flavor then you need in this cupcakes. Use a fork to mash the banana, these cupcakes do not have any butter but instead, you will be using oil, milk, and water.
After mashing, add in one large egg and then whisk that in to break it up and to that add in warm water and then a quarter of a cup of oil. You can use any flavorless oil, canola, vegetable or even a light olive oil. Add in milk and vanilla extract then whisk all that together. Make a little well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredienst and begin mixing them. You want to mix them up until everything all together. Once the batter is ready, you can use an ice cream scooper or spoon to evenly divide your batter among the cupcake liners. Bake them into the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Once the cupcakes are out of the oven, let them sit until completely cool them make the chocolate frosting.
Melt unsweetened chocolate, that is chocolate with no sugar in it then let that cool to room temparature. Add in butter in a stand mixer then beat that until nice, creamy and smooth then add sifted confectioner sugar and beat that on medium speed until nice and fluffy. Fold in the melted chocolate that has cooled, you want to make sure it’s cool because if it’s still warm it will melt the butter in the sugar. Beat that for a couple of minutes on medium-high speed.
To decorate the cupcakes, just spread it on the cupcake or you can pipe the frosting over the cupcakes, you can put and much or as little as you like. You can store these cupcakes in the freezer for 4 to 5 days.
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 1 medium sized banana)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola, corn, or vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Fudge Frosting;
- 3 ounces (90 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Line 12 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed banana, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined.
- Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Frost with the Chocolate Frosting.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute).
- Add the sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the chocolate and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy (about 2 -3 minutes).