This is a simple recipe that can be made with one bowl. You are going to want to make more of this. In a mixing bowl add three-quarters cups of white granulated sugar followed by 6 tablespoons of oil and an egg. Go ahead and give it a good mix until everything is well combined then adds a teaspoon of baking powder to give your cake some lift.
Add one cup of flour and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated then adds 400ml of pineapple rings that are sliced in half plus 2 tbsp of pineapple juice. Using a spatula, fold everything together until it’s well incorporated.
Alternatively, you can mix the batter and add the sliced pineapples on top of the batter once you have put it on the baking pan. Spray a 9-inch pan with baking spray and lay a parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and add the cake batter. Smooth it out and tap it on the counter.
Bake the cake in a 350F/180C preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the cake is done then let it cool and serve. It is sweet, moist, and pineapply. You are going to love this.!
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 400 ml can of pineapple rings, cut in half
- 2 tbsp of pineapple juice from the can
- 6 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 C) then add the sugar, vegetable oil, and egg to a mixing bowl. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Put in the baking powder and half a cup of flour. Whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Place in the pineapple rings, juice, and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Using a spatula, fold until the pineapple is completely covered with the mixture and the ingredients are mixed well.
- Alternatively, you can prepare the batter and add the pineapple pieces on top of the cake batter,
- Spray a 9-inch baking pan with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour the cake mixture in and smooth it out.
- Place it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. It should be golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice, serve and enjoy your one bowl of pineapple cake.