If you are a peach lover this cake is definitely for you. First thing, you will add in your sugar in a large mixing bowl then add in three sticks of softened butter and blend that until soft and creamy with the sugar well dissolved in the butter. Next, you will add in the egg one at a time and beat the mixture really good after each addition, use a spatula to constantly scraping the sides of the bowl to make the ingredients getting to the sides of the bowl are well mixed in for flavour, add a little bit of vanilla extract or lemon extract.
Take the sifted flour and add it in little by little in the butter mixture while mixing it with a spatula or the hand mixer until the batter is smooth then added in sour cream and mixed it in. Sour cream will help make the cake really moist and te buttery flavour will come out really nice with the sour cream.
Your batter should be fluffy and luscious, add in some lemon zest and add about a pound of pureed peaches, you can alternatively chip the peace in small pieces and add them to the batter. Fold everything with a spatula then pour the batter into a greased and floured pan and give it a tap on the counter then bake in a preheated 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about an hour and ten minutes(70 minutes) and when it comes out of the oven it will be beautiful and beautiful and golden brown.
Let the cake cool off before taking it out of the pan and if you want to glaze you can use powdered sugar and milk to make a beautiful smooth glaze for this cake. This cake will remain soft and fluffy for a few days, slice it and enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 3 cups (600 grams) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups (345 grams) all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lb frozen sliced peaches thawed, lightly pureed
- Preheat oven to 325 F then grease and flour a cake pan then set it aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar then mix in eggs one at a time, once mixed in, add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix in sour cream to the batter once all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in lemon zest and peaches then pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 8-10 minutes (check it at the 1-hour mark)
- Let the cake cool in pan until the pan is warm to the touch before removing the cake from pan and let finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar then serve.