Kielbasa is a wonderful sausage that is almost always sold smoked and precooked, so it’s ready to use right out of the package. This simple three-ingredient slow cooker recipe for sweet and spicy smoked kielbasa is perfect for an appetizer. Start by cooking the sauce in a small pot.
Saute the garlic and then add the chilli sauce and grape jelly. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. If the jelly doesn’t completely melt at this time, it’s okay – it will finish melting when in the slow cooker.
While the sauce is cooking, slice the smoked sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and put it in a 2-quart slow cooker.
Add the spices to the sauce, stir and then pour it over the sausage. Heat that in the slow cooker for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until the sausage is hot and the sauce is bubbly.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 12 ounces grape jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 ounces fully-cooked sausage cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Pour the oil in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chili sauce and grape jelly and mix together.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently.