This lemon pound cake keeps well for days and is best made a day ahead of time. It also freezes well, the burst of lemon flavor coupled with the sweet deliciousness of the pound cake really does make each bite perfection. This recipe is easy and produces the softest and delicious pound cake. The first thing is to get your oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit the spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray and line it with a parchment paper.
Add yogurt to a bowl then to that add vegetable oil, this recipe does not use butter ten n add in sugar and use a whisk to mix that together until well combined. Add the three eggs along with the lemon zest which is crucial in this recipe and mix that in for a few minutes until everything is well combined.
You will then add a pinch of salt, baking powder and vanilla extract for flavoring and mix them into the batter. the last thing to go into the batter is the flour and you can just add all the flour into the batter and start to mix everything up. You just want to mix it until the flour is moistened and do not overmix the batter because you want a really light pound cake and if you overbeat it you might end up with a little tough cake.
Pour the batter into your prepared baking tin then bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes to one hour or until its completely cooked through then let it cool before you slice. If you love pound cake then you will love this lemon pound cake.
- 1 6oz container of Vanilla Yogurt, save the container because that will be your measuring cup.
- 1 container of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Containers of Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Containers of Flour
- Zest of One Lemon
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vegetable oil and sugar, add the eggs and lemon zest and blend to combine.
- Add the flour, salt and mix until it’s all incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown on top and fully cooked through.
- Allow cooling completely before serving.