These muffins are yummy, perfect for breakfast with butter spread on it to serve just as a simple snack. It’s quite simple to make, less than ten minutes to pull together, and before long your home is filled with the wafting scent of this muffins. In a bowl with two cups of flour, add in half a cup of sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt then mix so that the other ingredients are well distributed in the flour.
In another bowl, add one egg, a quarter cup of honey, a quarter cup of melted butter, vanilla essence and a cup of milk. Mix until everything is well combined and the egg in the wet ingredients is well beaten in the mixture.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches and mix it well in the batter before adding the other batch, mix just until the flour is moistened and there are no lumps in the batter and the batter is smooth.
Prepare a large muffin tin by buttering them then dusting the tins lightly with flour. Pour the batter in the muffin tins and bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 cups (240 grams) flour
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (237 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup (57 grams / 4tbsp) melted butter
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the egg, melted butter, honey, milk and vanilla essence, mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches, mix until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely.