Today we are going to learn how to make an easy basic almond flour muffin recipe. You can use it if you want to add berries you can add blueberries to it but this is just a basic recipe and it is super easy so let’s get started. For this easy muffin recipe get almond flour in a bowl and add in some sweetener.
You can use a monk fruit sweetener, Lecanto, but you can also use swerve if you want you can use any sugar-free sweetener that is one for one replacement for sugar like Stevia brand or Splenda. Next, add baking soda and some salt to the almond flour and stir these dry ingredients just to make sure that the baking soda and salt are incorporated into the almond flour before we start adding our dry ingredients.
For the wet start cracking your eggs into the bowl and give them a light beat just so they are mixed a little bit and then add them to the almond flour mixture. To it add Greek yoghurt (it doesn’t sound like it’s keto but it actually has fewer carbs than sour cream) you can use fat-free or full-fat Greek yoghurt if you want to and then add the vanilla extract.
Then mix it up using a wooden spatula before you add in the slivered almonds. You can add in strawberries, blueberries or chocolate chips. Then now you can add your sliced almonds they are so good they give a little bit of crunch and some texture to the almond flour muffins. Once you got them all mixed scoop them with your kitchen scoop on your (spray the liners on the inside with cooking spray because almond flour muffins baked goods tend to stick) muffin liners.
Bake them in a 400F preheated oven for about 20 minutes or a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean. Once they are baked they should have a really good colour on them thanks to the baking soda. The sliced almonds should give a nice texture.
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour (280g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Lakanto granular sweetener or Swerve
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces of Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener. Now add in the beaten eggs, greek yoghurt, and vanilla extract. Finally, fold in the sliced almonds.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups evenly using a scoop. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.