These sriracha hot wings are easy to prepare and will impress your visitors, they are bakes in the oven and still, come out crispy and delicious. You are going to use salt, pepper, a little bit of oil and that just to toss in that and get them all nice and crispy in the oven. For the sauce, it’s really simple, just some sriracha, sweet Thai chili sauce and a little bit of honey. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, pat your wings dry then place them in a bowl and crack some pepper, salt, and oil. Toss your wings together so they are well coated then lay them on a wired rack then place them in the oven.
Bake the wongs for 45 to 60 minutes and what you are looking for is a golden-brown delicious crispy skin. To make the sauce, add one cup of sriracha, half a cup of sweet chili sauce, add a tablespoon of honey and then put it onto the heat. What you are looking for is let the sauce simmer for about 6 minutes and you want it to thicken up and all those flavors to combine and condense. Add about a tablespoon of fish sauce then set it aside.
You know our wings are done when they are golden brown crispy crackling nice skin, place them in a bowl then get a nice coating with the sauce all over the chicken, add cilantro then they are ready to be plated.
- 1kg chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup (125ml) Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey or (brown sugar)
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Coat the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Fry the chicken wings in small batches until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. Continue frying the chicken in batches until all of the wings are cooked.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then stir in the garlic.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned
- 5. Stir in the Sriracha, tomato sauce, soy sauce and honey.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 to 5 minutes until thickened.
- Toss the chicken wings in the Sriracha sauce and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.