Condensed Milk Rolls is similar to other sweet bread recipe but with the addition of sweetened condensed milk. This is one of the easy bread recipes to make at home and this bread is soft and had a nice sweetness to it from the condensed milk. Whether you plan to serve turkey, ham, or prime rib roast, you cannot go wrong with these dinner rolls.
That’s because they have just a hint of sweetness that makes those savory, salty proteins shine. Start by adding the sugar and yeast into the warm milk then set it aside for about five minutes so that the yeast can activate. Add the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer and add softened or melted butter then mix that for about 30 seconds so the flour can be mixed with the butter.
Add about 50 grams condensed milk into the flour and butter mixture and mix that into the flour. While mixing, add the activated yeast into the mixture little by little until it makes a smooth dough. Once the dough is smooth, place it into an oiled bowl then place it in a warm place to double in size.
Once your dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and cut the dough into equal pieces then take each piece and roll it between your palms and place it in a baking tray close to each other. Brush the top with a mixture of egg yolks and then bake the rolls at 180 degrees Celcius until nice and crispy on top
- 200ml Warm Milk
- 50g Condensed Milk
- 400g Bread Flour
- 30g Butter
- 1/2 Egg
- 15g yeast
- 35 g Sugar
- 1/2 the Egg for brushing the tops
- Add the flour, butter, and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add sugar and yeast to the warm milk and leave to activate.
- Add egg and condensed milk and mix that with the flour.
- Add yeast little by little while kneading and mix well.
- Knead about 15 min.
- Put that to a greased bowl and leave it in a warm place to prove.
- After cut, the dough to equal size portions then Make balls and leave it to prove again.
- After brushing the tops with the remaining eggs and bake 180c about 20-30 min.