This recipe is super easy to make and you get a lemon garlic codfish that is super tasty. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit then lightly grease a small baking dish then place the codfish on the baking dish then season each codfish with a little bit of salt and pepper then set that aside.
For the lemon garlic topping, you will need a quarter cup of softened butter in a small bowl then add two tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese along with one tablespoon of all-purpose flour and minced garlic. For the spices you will need a teaspoon of dried basil, onion powder, dijon mustard then you will need the juice from one lemon which is about a quarter cup. Use a spoon to mash everything together until you get a nice thick mixture.
Scoop the mixture directly on top of each codfish then bake in the 400 degrees oven for ten minutes. Your actual cooking time will depend on the thickness and size of teh codfish pieces.
If they are thick you will add more minutes, if thin you will decrease the time by two minutes. your fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon slices and freshly chopped parsley and you are ready to eat.
- 4 portions codfish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- Additional lemon slices or wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Lay codfish filets out in the prepared baking dish. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, parmesan, flour, garlic, basil, onion powder, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Top each fillet with a large spoonful of the butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.