One of the basic easy recipes you should know is how to make spaghetti sauce. Prepare the tomatoes by boiling them so that they can be easy to peel. After around 20 seconds, place the tomatoes in ice cold water then peel them. Cut the tomatoes and take the seed out leaving just the flesh of the tomatoes. Sice onions, cut garlic into smaller pieces, cut basil into half.
Place cooking pan and ass onions, a pinch of salt until the onion turns golden brown. Add tomatoes to the pan and set the flame to slow and let it cook.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 4 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon crush red pepper flakes adjust to taste we like it spicy
- extra parmesan cheese to serve
- fresh crack black pepper to serve
- To start open the canned tomato and crush with your hand or a fork. set aside
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until it is browned. Remove the meat from pot and place to the side.
- Discard the grease in the pot, but do not clean. Put the pot back on the stove and put in the olive oil. throw in the onions, stir for about two minutes until the onions look almost transparent- then add in the garlic. stir for an additional minute, do not let the garlic brown.
- Pour in the Vegetable broth and allow to reduce for 1 minute. Add in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine, then add: oregano, thyme, soy sauce, turmeric, and crushed red pepper.
- Add the ground beef and stir to combine. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Keep extra broth on hand if it needs more liquid.
- After an hour, add parsley and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine, Allow to simmer for 15 mins. remember to discard the bay leave and thyme stems before serving.
- Serve over spaghetti with extra olive oil.