Fall off the bone slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings that are spicy and sweet at the same time! Perfect crockpot appetizer or dinner idea we all love. This teriyaki chicken wings are marinated overnight and then baked in the oven for a tasty appetizer or main dish. It’s a sauce beaming with garlic, and soy, and sesame, that tastes authentic and gives off the impression that you’ve been slaving over dozens of ingredients to create it.
Toss together the chicken wings with Teriyaki sauce and a spoonful of spicy chilli paste. Let marinate if you have a spare hour. Layer on a sheet pan, and pop in the oven, then bake until sticky and caramelized and cooked to tender, juicy perfection.
- 1 onion
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Sriracha more or less depending on how spicy you like it
- 4 tbsp cornstarch more or less depending on how thick you want the sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- 2 green onions optional
- Rinse your chicken wings and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl whisk all of your other ingredients together, but only whisk in about 2 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Spray bottom of crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken wings in your slow cooker so they overlap as little as possible.
- Pour sauce over the top. Turn your slow cooker to High for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- If you’re home flip wings halfway thru cooking time.
- About 20 minutes before serving spoon a cup or two of your hot liquid into a bowl and whisk in remaining 1-2 tbsp. of cornstarch until smooth.
- Pour back into crockpot and cook remaining time.
- If you want the wings to be crispy put them on a baking sheet and into your oven on the broil setting for about 5 minutes or until the outside is as brown and crispy as you’d like them.