This very easy baked potatoes and chicken is a great midweek meal to add to your rotation. It’s one pan, a simple meal that is ready in an hour. Just toss the chicken thighs, baby potatoes, and chopped onion with olive oil, garlic, thyme, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper, then pop it in the oven. The chicken skin turns very crispy, while the meat stays juicy.
You will start with seasoning your chicken in a bowl together with some olive oil and mix that thoroughly so every part of the chicken is covered with the seasoning. You can use any chicken cuts of your choice but make sure the chicken cuts that you choose is going to cook at the same time as the potatoes. Cover the marinated chicken and let it sit for about ten minutes while you prepare your potatoes.
Wash your potatoes until very clean, with this recipe, you can cook the potatoes without removing the skin or remove the skin, anyway will do and feel free to use any potatoes of your choice, it will work just fine. Place the potatoes on your baking pan then add chopped carrots if you are using, some cherry tomatoes, chopped onions then season with salt and black pepper.
Add in olive oil and mix everything together so the spices can be well-distributed among the potatoes. Take your marinated chicken thighs and place them, over the potatoes. Bake in 425 degrees preheated oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until both the chicken and potatoes are well done. Your potatoes should be tender and chicken well cooked, take it out of the oven and sprinkle some green onions.
Ingredients for the potatoes;
- 2.5 lb potatoes
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the chicken;
- 2 Lb Chicken thighs
- 1 Onion Cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Ginger powder
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- Chili pepper flakes optional
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 3 Carrots large
- Wash the chicken and season with all the spices and add the Olive Oil.
- Massage the chicken thoroughly with the spice and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes
- Wash the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut the potatoes into four. Throw them into the baking pan. Add the Carrots, Onions, green onions, season with salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil and mix together.
- Place the Chicken over the seasoned potatoes and vegetables and bake at 425°F for 45 to 50 minutes or till the chicken and potatoes are perfectly cooked through.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted through the thickest part of the chicken should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).