A deliciously rich chocolate sour cream cake covered in a creamy chocolate ganache. With a rich, velvety texture, this is hands-down one of my favourite chocolate cake recipe. Start with melting your butter then add a little bit of salt, cocoa powder and put some water on top of the mixture. This is going to be the chocolate base that you will use for the cake. Combine everything onm low heat and once done, set it aside.
Level off your cup and pour the flour in a bowl, then add in sugar and baking soda then mix really well. Make a small well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour two-thirds of teh chocolate mixture. Start mixing the batter then add the rest and mix the batter until well combined. Break-in two eggs and stir in the sour cream and oire vanilla extract.
Spray your cake tin then pour in the cake batter and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes. Once done, et teh cake cool in the pan for about ten minutes.
What you will be looking for ids for the cake to start pulling away from the pan. For the chocolate ganache, get some heavy cream and dissolve in sugar on medium heat and once done pour the mixture into a bowl with semisweet chocolate. Star mixing it slowly until the chocolate chip starts to melt and continue until everything is smooth.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the cooled cake. Your cake should be really moist, chocolatey and easy to make. enjoy…
- 230 gram (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 120ml (1/2 cup) hot water
- 240 ml (1 cup) sour cream, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- Grease your bundt cake tin really well with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until mixture is combined and creamy. Boil the kettle and pour out 1/2 cup water and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and lightly whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, along with the hot water and gently fold with a spatula.
- Finally, add the sour cream and fold until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. It will be quite thick – this is fine.
- Pour chocolate batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache, chop the dark chocolate and transfer to a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add your cream and pop on medium heat.
- Once the cream is warm but not boiling, pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently whisk the mixture until smooth. Leave to stand for a few minutes and it will thicken slightly.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of your cake.