These chocolate frosted brownies are a perfect tray bake for cake sales and these ultimate brownies are delicious which can be prepared with a cream cheese frosting. This recipe makes a 9×13-inch pan of brownies, which translates to 24 good-sized brownies. They’re not huge, but these things pack such a sugary punch, you can’t really eat more than one at a time.
Preheat the oven to m180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with a parchment paper. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then remove from the heat and stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. In a standing food mxer, whisk the sugar and eggs together for 2 to 3 minutes ubtil pale and fluffy. Slowly add the melted chocolate and butter and then add the vanilla extract. Laslt, sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in gelntly. Turn the mixture into a prepared tin and bake in the mddle shelf of an oven for 25 minutes. While te brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting by placing the butter abd cream cheese in abowl of an electric mixer and beat for foiur minutes or until pale and creamy .
Add in the icing sugar and cocoa and fold through with a spatula until thick and spreadable. Spread the brownie with the thik frosting and cut into squares. The frosting won’t get completely solid—you can still dent it if you press hard with your finger, but it will harden enough for stacking or wrapping, so if you’re looking for a frosting that hardens enough to package for gifts or bake sales, this is it. Dark, delicious and fudgy. These frosted brownies are an absolute winner.
- 1 cup (8oz) salted butter melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (5oz) butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) powdered sugar sifted
- 2/3 cup (53g) cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk any percentage, plus more as needed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease.
In a large bowl, whisk together melted and cooled butter and sugar until well-mixed.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well-combined.
- Add flour, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, smoothing out the top slightly.
- Bake for 27-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center of the brownies, comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, optional espresso powder, and salt.
- Pour in milk as you beat the frosting until it reaches your desired consistency, adding more milk by the 1/2 teaspoon if necessary.
- Spread frosting over completely cooled brownies and add sprinkles if desired. Slice and enjoy!