Marble cake is one of the best cake ever. With a rich, moist and buttery cake with chocolate swirls, this cake makes every bite worth it. Marble cake is great with a cup of coffee or tea, and you can just eat them any time of the day when you need a quick sweet bite.
- 2 sticks 220g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g plain flour all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g fine or powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the pan with some butter.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. Add in the first egg.
- Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Scrape down the sides and add in vanilla essence and fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well. Finally, add in the milk.
- Divide the batter into two portions. Stir the cocoa powder into one portion and mix well. Transfer the plain batter into the greased baking pan.
- Shake it lightly to distribute evenly. Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of the baking pan, and lightly swirl the cocoa butter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked about 40 minutes. Insert a cake tester in the middle of the cake to test doneness.
- Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.