Moist orange cake is made with fresh orange juice and orange zest gives it that perfect amount of orange flavor. You can create a frosting with a combination of sweet cream butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and orange zest or you can just eat it naked as it is. Stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. The two leavening agents – baking soda and baking powder – give the cake a nice rise. You can use extra-virgin olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil to make the cake extra moist. The orange juice in this cake will give it an all-natural orange flavor. If you want your cake with frosting, whip butter and cream cheese for 4 minutes until light and fluffy then add powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then zest about two tablespoons or orange zest. Cut your oranges and squeeze about half a cup of fresh orange juice. Pour half a cup of oil then add in the orange juice and half a cup of milk, eggs sour cream and orange zest. Mix the wet ingredients until they are well combined. For your dry ingredients, add three tablespoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt to tye all purpose flour then mix that together. Add the sugar t the wet ingredients and mix that well too then create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in.
Mix that well until the batter is smooth then coat your nonstick baking pan with butter. Pour the batter n the greased pan then place it in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, cream oil, orange juice, eggs, sour cream, and orange zest until completely mixed.
- Fold in dry ingredients, mixing only until combined.
- Pour into greased (3) 8-inch or (2) 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake for 19-21 minutes, depending on the size of pan used. To test if the cakes are done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- If it comes out clean, the cakes are done. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.