A moist, spongy red velvet cake coated in powdered sugar and rolled up around a smooth and creamy cream cheese filling. Preheat your oven to175 degrees celsius then in a bowl of eggs, add in sugar and mix together until it is thick and white.
Add in vanilla and two tbsp of oil, add in red food color and mix together. In a bowl, pour cocoa powder then mix it all together.
Fold it with a spatula as you add the flour slowly until all the flour is finished and the mixture is perfect.
In a greased baking sheet, pour in the mixture and bake it for 15 minutes. Take a baking sheet and sprinkle sugar on top of it then take the bakes cake and place it on the sheet and roll it while still hot then put in on the cooling rack to cool completely.
When it is cooled completely, spread some cream cheese frosting on ut then roll it up again.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- Powdered sugar to aid in rolling
For the Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 10×15” or 10.5×15” cake/jelly roll pan with foil and spray with floured nonstick cooking spray.
- Place eggs in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat at medium speed with mixer for 3-5 minutes until foamy and yellow.
- Add sugar and mix for 2 more minutes, until the mixture is thickened slightly. Mix in oil, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and cocoa, then add flour and mix slowly until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading as needed with a spatula. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is browned and the cake springs back when touched lightly.
- While the cake is baking, lay out a clean kitchen towel onto the counter. Spread with about 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Remove the hot cake from the oven and carefully, using oven mitts so you don’t burn yourself, flip the cake onto the towel. This might make a mess, but that’s okay.
- Carefully remove the pan and foil and then, using the towel, roll up the cake from the short side. The towel will be rolled into the cake. Let this cool completely before continuing.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy, then mix in powdered sugar slowly. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread with the frosting. Carefully roll the cake back up as tight as possible, unsticking it from the towel as you go.
- Chill for around 15 minutes before slicing. Before serving, dust the top with powdered sugar.