If you love fluffy, moist chocolate chip muffins, these are for you and to take them even higher, they are centred with Nutella. You are going to know how to make them and they are going to whip up in a snap. Set your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and that is what will make these muffins have that dome shape on top. Into a bowl, you will sift all-purpose flour together with a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of baking powder for leavening.
Once sifted, give the dry ingredients a quick mix then set aside. For the wet ingredients, everything should be at room temparature so add whole milk to a bowl then add melted unsalted butter, sugar then whisks that together then add two large eggs and sour cream. If you don’t have sour cream you can use full-fat plain yoghurt.
Add a tablespoon of vanilla extract then whisk until you get a nice homogenous mixture. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and whisk until just almost combined then add chcolate chips of milk chocolate then fold everything in with a spatula. In a cupcake baking tin, line them with muffin papers then pour the batter quarter way though the liners then take the frozen Nutella from the fridge, coat them with flour just to prevent them from sticking to the bottom then add the rest of the batter to three quarters way full.
Top them with more chocolate chips then place into a425 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an addition 20 to 25 minutes. These muffins are soft all over and simply delicious, full of chcolate chips with the sweetness of Nutella.
- 2 3/4 cup (330g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, unsalted, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Nutella, about a tbsp for each muffin, frozen
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl then whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, add melted butter, milk, and sugar. Whisk thoroughly then microwave for about 40 seconds to remelt the butter.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract, eggs, and sour cream.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix together until just combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using an ice cream scooper, add batter to either a buttered and floured muffin tin or an into a tin lined with papers. Pour about a quarter of the batter then place the frozen Nutella in the centre and add more batter to about three-quarters of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F then lower temp to 350F and bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and centres are baked through.