This eggless zebra cake can also be eaten by anyone, it’s fun to make and amazing to eat. You will be taking a bit of vanilla batter and then a little bit of chocolate butter mix the two together and come up with a creation that will leave people in awe at the table. Start with weighing our dry ingredients we need 200 grams of regular flour baking soda then sift it together.
Next, take plain milk at room temperature and in it, add vinegar then whisk it and add sugar to it and give it a good stir. Also, add oil and give it a nice stir then start adding in the dry ingredients in two batches and then whisk. You will mix the batter just until the flour is moistened and there are no lumps then divide the batter equally in two bowls.
One will have vanilla and the second will have cocoa. In the first one add in vanilla and mix and in the second we will sift the cocoa powder and whisk it together. Once the cocoa batter is ready, prepare an 8-inch round tin by applying butter in the pam then line the bottom with a parchment paper. You will start by adding two tablespoons of vanilla batter then followed by two tablespoons of chocolate batter in continuation until al the batter is finished.
Once done, bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Once baked take it out and let it cool down for few minutes then loosen the sides with the knife and then de-mold it by turning it onto a plate and then flip it again onto a plate. serve this cake with anything you want, a cup of tea will be the best for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 3/4 cup (210 grams) of flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup (330 ml) Milk
- 1 cup (225 grams) Castor sugar
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 3/4th cup(190 ml) Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsps Cocoa powder
- Start by buttering an 8-inch cake tin then preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift together flour and baking soda the set-aside.
- Mix together milk, sugar, vinegar, and oil then add the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients in 2 batches while mixing them until you get a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Divide the batter equally in 2 bowls
- Sift cocoa powder in one of the bowls and mix well.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the plain mixture into the center of the cake tin. Straight away spoon two tablespoons of the chocolate mixture on top. Continue doing this until all the mixture has been used.
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack and serve with chocolate sauce.