This egg and cheese oast sandwich is a Korean popular breakfast and the best part about this Korean recipe is you cann get the ingredients in any store. The first thing you are going to need is a cup of vegetables, cut some cabbage, onions, and carrots then place all the vegetables in a mixing bowl. Inti the vegetables, crack in two eggs and then season with some salt and black peppers then usee a chopstick to mix everything in the bowl.
If you want more eggs, you can definitely add in with a balance of the seasoning. Set your vegetables aside then begin buttering your bread, use a plain white bread which works well for sandwiches. Once your bread is buttered on both sides, move to your cooking area and begin cooking. Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add in one spoon of butter then pour in the vegetable mixture and spread out evenly and let it cook for a couple of minutes then flip over. Cook the other side until the egg mixture is fully cooked for about three minutes then remove the egg from the pan. Heat up two pieces of honey ham on the pan for a few minutes then set that aside. Set the heat to medium-low then begin toasting the bread for about two minutes on each side.
To assemble the toast, sprinkle some sugar over your toast then cut the omelet-vegetable and put it in the middle of the toast then place the ham, cheese then some ketchup and mayonnaise then place the other toat on top.
- 30 grams cabbage, thinly sliced
- 30 grams onion, thinly sliced
- 30 grams carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 Tbs room temperature butter
- 4 white sandwich bread
- 3 tsp sugar
- In a large mixing add cabbage, onion, carrot, eggs, green onion salt and pepper; combine well.
- Butter, both sides of bread.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons butter and let it melt.
- Pour egg mixture, trying to make it as a square shape. Cook until the bottom is cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut egg omelet into half, and flip over. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until fully cooked.
- When egg omelet is cooked, remove from skillet and add honey ham slices to heat them up, if you are using.
- Now, toast buttered bread both sides, about 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- On a warm buttered and toasted bread, sprinkle about ½ tsp sugar evenly.
- Place egg omelet and sprinkle additional 1 tsp sugar.
- Place warm ham and cheese if you are using, and sprinkle ketchup and mayonnaise right on top.
- Cover with another slice of buttered and toasted bread. Repeat with rest of the ingredients and enjoy.