Peanut butter blossoms are soft peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate at the center. These cookies are so easy to make and taste delicious. Start by mixing the dry ingredients together starting with all-purpose flour in a bowl then add a baking soda and salt then give everything a good mix to make sure they are combined in the flour then set it aside.
In another bowl, add in softened butter, peanut butter, and sugar, and cream them together then add the vanilla extract and an egg then combine them together until very smooth. Start adding the dry ingredients in batches and while mixing them together make sure there are no dry patches left behind.
Chill then dough and you want it to hold that shape while baking and want it to be firm so that they can hold their shape while baking. Keep it in the refrigerator for 35 to 45 minutes or until the dough is cold. To shapes, the dough, take small portions about one tablespoon of dough then roll them m into a bowl and place in a baking tray lined with a parchment paper.
Keep your cookies about the smake size to make sure they bake at the same size in the oven. Leave about 2 inches space when lining them on a parchment paper to give room for the cookies to spread while baking. If you like your cookies to be sweeter you can roll them in sugar until they are generously coated.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until they start to crack on the surface. once baked, remove from the oven and press the chocolate kisses in the center of each cookie so that they can cool and hold into the cookies. These are really the perfect cookies and one of the most favorite cookies to shave when your family is around.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, 4 ounces, 115 g), room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (194 g) peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (195 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Whisk together, Flour, Baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the softened butter, peanut butter, sugar and combine them together.
- When the ingredients are well combined, add the vanilla essence and egg and whisk them together.
- Add the flour mix into the cream mix and combine them together then chill the dough. Cover the bowl with a plastic film and keep it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until it’s cooled.
- Chilling the dough for a few hours will help the peanut butter blossoms maintain their shape, and not overly spread when cooked.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls (1 tablespoon; about 18-20g by weight). Place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until light brown, about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and tops of cookies have a cracked appearance.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in their baking sheets for one to two minutes then press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie, then remove to a cooling rack to continue cooling.