Who doesn’t loves biscuits? From kids to adults, everyone loves the crispy sweet and salty biscuits that are also the perfect munchies for those odd hours hunger pangs. This Bran Biscuit is a delicious snack recipe that you can enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee, or as it is also. This biscuit recipe instantly fills your stomach and will give your taste buds a lip-smacking taste.
Prepared using just four ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen cabinets – wheat bran, wheat flour, powdered jaggery, and ghee you will surely love these biscuits. Start by combining flour with the oat bran, baking powder and salt in a food processor or large bowl then add the chunked up butter and pulse in a food processor or cut with a pastry blender until the butter is well mixed in and no longer chunky. Stir the milk in and let it stand for 3 minutes to allow the bran to soften.
The mixture will be slightly loose. Add the 1/2 cup flour to the batter and stir until the mixture is smooth and thick. It should resemble a smooth paste. It is okay to add a bit more milk if it seems too stiff, but don’t add too much, you want a pretty stiff dough.
Drop the dough by generous spoonfuls into the remaining 1/4 cup of flour and roll each piece around to coat the biscuit dough with flour. Don’t worry about excess flour. Gently place on the baking sheet. The recipe makes 12-14 biscuits. Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly browned. If you decide to make them bigger, allow more time to bake all the way through. Serve hot from the oven with butter and jam.
- 2 gm wheat flour
- 300 gm powdered jaggery
- 1 cup ghee
- 60 gm wheat bran
- In a large bowl, add the ghee and beat till its creamy. Then, add the wheat flour, wheat bran and jaggery powder in it.
- Mix well all the ingredients and transfer the contents in a dough kneading plate, knead to a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a clinge film and keep aside for about 4 hours. Then roll the dough into a thick slab and cut desired shapes with a cookie cutter or knife.
- Place these biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 12-15 minutes or till done.
- Once the biscuits are baked, let them cool at room temperature and then store in an air-tight jar. Enjoy with a cup of hot coffee or hot tea.