The sauce is a combination of brown sugar and hot sauce. You can use any brand that you prefer. These Sweet & Spicy Boneless Wings aren’t really spicy. There is just a hint of heat. If you want hotter boneless wings, just increase the amount of hot sauce in the sauce mixture.
With this recipe, you have the satisfaction of biting into pieces of tender white-meat chicken without the hassle of frying. Simply coat the chicken, then bake and broil until crisp. From there, toss the wings with your choice of spicy Buffalo or sweet, smoky honey BBQ sauce. This recipe for making crunchy boneless wings is so approachable, choosing the sauce is the hardest part.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- 1/3 cup red pepper paste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Toss the chicken in the flour, then dredge into the egg and finally coat in the cornstarch.
- In a large glass bowl add the pepper paste, vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce and whisk until well combined.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan with 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Drain the fried chicken and add to the bowl with the sauce.
- Toss to combine, garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.