This is a hearty soup with a thick, tomato-filled broth full of tender macaroni and beef, a real stick-to-your-insides meal that will give you plenty of energy. The ground beef in this dish will be your go-to favorite meal with a great chunk of beefy flavor and a richness that holds up nicely in this soup against the tomatoes and forward-facing spices.
This soup takes just a bit of prep time and is super easy to throw together. You can brown the meat for extra flavor and throw it into the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Then add in the pasta about 30 minutes before serving. This ensures they are tender but not soggy.
- 1 lb (450g) beef chuck, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small can ground tomatoes
- 3 cups (3/4l) low sodium beef stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna sheets broken into pieces
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, or Parmesan, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Add diced beef, onion, ground tomato, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, Italian seasoning, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes in the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Add beef stock and broken lasagna, mix well to combine and cover with the lid.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes in the soup/stew mode. After it is done, let the pressure naturally release.
- Divide the beef and pasta into bowls or plates and garnish individual servings with the desired amount of cheese and parsley.