Cod fillets are meaty and compared to other white fish, have fewer bones. The cod was first marinated in a mixture of honey, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ground pepper, and ginger for 24 hours and then baked in the oven until it flaked easily when pierced with a fork. Marinating them overnight made the cod very tasty.
One caution is not to over bake them.
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame seed oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped ginger
- 4 to 6-oz black cod fillets
- Combine all ingredients (except for fish) in a medium-sized, airtight mixing bowl. Add cod and marinate for 24 hours.
- If possible, flip the fish halfway through marinade time to allow even flavor distribution.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove cod from marinade and bake on the center rack for 7-9 minutes, until cod is opaque and flakes easily.