This soy sauce baked chicken recipe will become a regular on your weeknight menu. You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty main dish. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare this dish, a few hours to marinate and about an hour to bake.
Start by placing your chicken in a baking dish and poke a few holes in the chicken then season with salt and pepper. Take a bowl and mix your ingredient together staying with mirin, honey and soy sauce then pour it over the chicken. Let it marinate for up to 4 hours and remember to flip the chicken halfway through just to make sure everything is well coated in the marinade.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then cover it with an aluminum foil and bake in the middle rack of your oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, you will remove the foil and bake it for another 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve with rice or mashed potato, and make sure to pour the sauce over the chicken when serving. It is yum!
- 15 chicken drumsticks
- 2/3 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Asian rice cooking wine
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup good quality soy sauce
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry each piece of chicken.
- Use a fork to poke holes everywhere on all sides of chicken pieces. Lay drumsticks in baking pan making sure not to crowd pieces. Evenly sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper over drumsticks.
- In a bowl, combine cooking wine, honey, and soy sauce; stir well to incorporate. Pour mixture evenly over drumsticks.
- Rotate drumsticks to coat. Let sit in for 1 hour at moderate room temp, rotating once in between. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F, with the rack in the middle position.
- Cover pans tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover pans and bake another 20-25 minutes, rotating drumsticks once in between to get a nice browning on all sides.
- Serve while warm, with sauce from the pan.