This restaurant-style fried rice recipe is the absolute, easy to make and so irresistibly delicious. This fried rice takes just 20 minutes to throw together. Fried rice is a good way to work in any leftovers. You can substitute any vegetables you have on hand. The first thing you want to do is make the egg. Then I take the same pan I used to cook the egg and I saute some chopped carrots, peas, and scallions, until soft. Add the cold, leftover rice straight to the pan, and stir it around. Then add soy sauce. Fry for a few minutes, then at the end, stir in baby shrimp and the pre-cooked egg. Add more soy sauce, and toss for another minute or two:
You can reheat fried rice in two ways; First, you can do it in the microwave, but make sure you have some sort of lid or plate on top of it to trap the moisture and steam the rice, otherwise, you’ll get hard and dried out rice instead of fluffy rice. You can also reheat it in the skillet, stir-frying it to rewarm.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted.
- Add the rice, green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice.
- Add in the eggs and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil until combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.