It is one of the easiest cake you will ever make with simple ingredients. You are going to need a mixer a tube pan spray the pan and preheat the oven at 325F now let’s begin. Next, it is time to put all your ingredients so get sugar in a bowl to it add the butter and the mascarpone cheese and mix it all together. Make sure you put all your eggs at once and then using an electric hand mixer and mix until everything is nice and fluffy.
Make sure not to overmix your butter once it is nice and fluffy stop mixing. So now it is time to add in your flour and finish mixing using the hand mixer. When you are halfway mixing with the flour add salt and vanilla and finish mixing until it is nice and fluffy. When your batter is nice and thick stop mixing your batter so as not to over mix it. Next, put your batter into your tube pan that you sprayed earlier and then evenly spread your batter in the tube pan.
Next, drop the tube pan with the batter in it on the counter a couple of times to make sure that everything is even on proportion size. It should kind of look frosting like a vanilla frosting nice thick and fluffy. Bake the cake in the preheated oven of 325 for like an hour and a half to put some cold water in the oven with it to help keep the cake nice and moist while it cooks. After it, the cake is baked take either a butter knife or toothpick to check and see if the cake is done in the centre.
If cake batter is visible on your knife or peak then the cake might not be ready so let it bake for a little longer. If it is clean then the cake is ready to remove it from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes or so because you want to make sure it comes out of the oven nice and evenly.
To get the cake from the knife use a butter knife and go round the edges to remove the cake and then overturn it on the chopping board and hit the bottom to make sure the cake comes out easily. Then place it on a platter or plate and slice the cake and enjoy. The cake is good with some vanilla ice cream or some nice whipped heavy cream.
- 1 cup butter room temperature, salted or unsalted, I use this
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening I use this
- 8 ounces mascarpone room temperature
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour recommended
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract I use this
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening, then sprinkle with granulated sugar. Or, spray with cake release, my favourite
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and mascarpone until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy, mixture will lighten in colour slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Slowly add flour to the mixture and combine.
- Add vanilla, butter, and almond extracts and combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes or until pick inserted in centre comes out clean or with ‘dry’ crumbs.
- Allow cooling on the countertop on a wire rack 15 minutes before inverting on a serving tray. Cool completely before covering.
- A cake can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter-top for 3 to 4 days or refrigerator for one week.