Sopapilla is a really yummy cheesecake bar, really delicious and easy peasy to make. Spray your 9 by 13-inch pan and spray it with a little bit of n on stick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. All you do is cover the bottom of a baking pan with one tube of the crescent roll, spread the sweet cream cheese filling over the dough, place the remaining crescent dough over the filling, and cap it all up with a generous topping of butter and cinnamon sugar. You then bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes, allow it to cool enough to slice and prepare yourself for pillowy, cinnamon-crusted pastry bursting with a creamy cheesecake filling that’s to die live for
The first thing you are going to do is place your soft cream cheese in a large bowl then add in sugar ab=nd begin mixing that with a handheld electric whisk for a couple of minutes or until well incorporated. Once done, add in your sour cream and your vanilla extract then mix that again for another minute. Once done, you are going to spread the mixture evenly on the baking pan. Take your crescent roll and lay it right on the top then take your cinnamon and sugar and mix them well together then sprinkle evenly over the top.
After you are done, take your melted butter and just drizzle as you can across the crescent rolls. Place it in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the center looks perfect then let it cool at room temperature before popping them in the fridge to cool.
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dough
- 2 medium lemons, zested
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place one package of crescent dough in the bottom of 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- Stretch to cover the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and lemon zest.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Spread the cheese filling over the dough in baking dish.
- Take the other crescent dough, stretch it and carefully place it over the filling.
- Mix ½ cup of sugar with cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.