Egg curry is one of the easiest comfort foods that are quick to make, flavorful and delicious. Curry is a spicy dish, and if you are not habitual to eat food with spicy masala, then you need to adjust the spices according to your tastes. You can choose the masalas as per your requirements. In this recipe, the boiled eggs are marinated in spicy masala and cooked along with flavorful gravy.
You will begin this recipe with classic hard-boiled eggs then heat oil in a pan. Add in spices to the oil then add in boiled onion paste and gove it a quick mix then season with salt, also add in ginger garlic paste and mix that in. Leave it to cook on high heat for a few minutes then add in all the spices and butter then cook that until the raw smell of the spices disappears.
Once the masala cooks off completely, add fresh tomato puree and mix that well then cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in water then cover and allow it to cook on medium heat for about ten minutes. While the gravy is cooking, pan-fries the hard-boiled eggs starting with oil in the pan and while you are pan-frying the eggs, make sure they do not break.
Cook until they are golden brown on all sides. Once the eggs are well fried and ready, transfer the eggs into the bubbling gravy. Coom that for another 30 to 40 seconds and the egg masala gravy will be ready.
- 6 Hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
For the Gravy;
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 nos green cardamom
- 1 no. Black cardamom
- 4 nos Cloves
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 200 gms boiled onion paste
- 200 gms fresh tomato puree
- 1tbsp ginger garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- In a pan heat oil and add black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Once this starts crackling add in the boiled onion paste and gives a quick mix.
- Add salt, ginger-garlic paste and let it cook for a minute on high flame or until golden brown in colour.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, butter and cook till the raw flavour of spices goes away.
- Once the masala is cooked completely, add in the tomato puree, salt and cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the oil leaves the sides of the pan, add water as required and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- To pan-fry the hard-boiled eggs, add some oil to a pan, turmeric powder and then the boiled eggs and fry the eggs on high flame until golden brown on all sides.
- Once the eggs are fried & ready add them to the gravy and cook it for 30-40 seconds.
- Add water as and if required.
- Egg Masala Curry is ready to eat.