These Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Thighs are a great alternative to traditional frying. Coat the chicken in seasoned flour and bake it, which is really good, you can also make a honey mustard sauce to drizzle over the top. These baked chicken thighs take about 35 minutes in the oven and less than ten minutes of prep.
Salt, pepper, and paprika are all you need for the initial seasoning. Add some paprika for better color Let the thighs rest for 5 minutes. This helps them retain their crispiness better then toss them with three tablespoons of Buffalo wing hot sauce. It gives the thighs added flavor, a touch of spiciness and a beautiful color.
- 8 Chicken Thighs, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet pan with foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder with a fork. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then arrange, skin side up on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and rub into both sides.
- Season the back side with about a third of the spice mixture, then flip so the chicken thighs are skin side up and season with remaining spice mixture.
- Rub into the skin and slide your fingers under the skin to rub the spice mixture into the meat as well.
- Slide the pan into the oven and roast until completely cooked through; 30-35 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- Let rest for 5 minutes; garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.