This is one of my favorite dinner recipe- sausage creamy pasta skillet. This recipe is easy to make and falls with the most amazing ingredients for an incredible meal. Add olive oil to the pan then add sausage and diced onions. Fry them both for around 5 minutes until they turn brown.
Remove the sausage and onion from the pan and into the same pan add mushrooms, one large red better and saute the mixture for around 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, sundried tomatoes and you can also add a cup of red wine, beef broth, brown pepper and season with salt, dried basil then a teaspoon of paprika.
Return the mix of mushroom to the sauce and combine them together with heat at medium.
Simmer for about 20minutes so the mixture can cook together until they boil. Add pasta into the sauce the mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes. Your meal is ready to be enjoyed.!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, mild or spicy, casings removed if applicable
- 1 large onion, medium diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly across clove
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 28 ounces can whole Italian plum tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces pasta, penne, ziti or rigatoni recommended
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella
- a small handful of torn, fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat braiser or skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, then sausage. Cook sausage for 3 minutes, breaking up while cooking.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add onion and mushrooms; cooking and stirring for one minute. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Cover skillet and continue to cook until onion is translucent. Stir periodically.
- Crush tomatoes well by hand or with a potato masher. An immersion blender can also be used to break up tomatoes; simply pulse it a few times.
- Add tomatoes and juice to ingredients in pan. Stir to combine. Add chicken stock and salt. Stir well.
- Raise heat to medium and bring to a boil. Add pasta; stir well. Cover skillet and cook until pasta is almost al dente, stirring frequently to keep pasta from sticking to the bottom of skillet or clumping together.
- Turn off heat and remove the pan from burner. Gently stir in grated Parmesan until melted. Scatter mozzarella evenly over top.
- Place lid over the skillet and allow mozzarella to melt, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and serve immediately.