Grilled Chicken is one of our favourite meals! With a quick marinade and an even quicker grill time, you can have a meal on the table in no time. You’ll want to serve these grilled chicken breasts with all of your favourite side dishes. It’s perfect for picnics and BBQs. You’ll also want to use this grilled chicken to top salads, pasta or in sandwiches.
Before adding the chicken to the grill, make sure to lightly oil and coat the surface of the meat with a high smoke point oil. This process helps to prevent the chicken and spices from sticking to the grill plate. It also dissolves and disperses the fat-soluble flavour molecules to bump up the taste when eaten.
Preheat grill over medium-high heat (400 to 450ºF / 204 to 232ºC). Keep one burner off for indirect heat cooking. Clean and season a hot preheated grill with oil. Place the chicken on the direct heat side and close the lid. Cook each side for about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness and type of chicken. Finish on the indirect heat side until fully cooked (internal temperature of 160ºF/71ºC). Rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (8g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, (2g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, (2g) sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, (2g)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, (1g)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, (908g)
- olive oil, enough to coat chicken and grease grill
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat (400 to 450ºF / 204 to 232ºC).
- Carefully grease the cooking grates with the oil.
- Keep one burner off for indirect heat cooking.
- In a small bowl combine salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and coriander.
- Evenly season each side of the chicken with spice mixture, about 1/2 teaspoon per side.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken, about 1 teaspoon per side. Rub the oil onto the surface of the chicken to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle on more seasoning if desired.
- Place the chicken on the direct heat side of the grill and close the lid.
- Cook each side for about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness and type of chicken.
- Flip the chicken and move over to the indirect heat side of the grill.
- Cook covered until the recommended internal temperature is reached and chicken is fully cooked.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing or serving.