This is a simple and absolutely delicious chicken recipe, it is crumb chicken that you can serve with a sauce of your choice. You will need chicken leg pieces and if you prefer boneless you can use that but chicken legs with bone-in will do better with this recipe. For the best tender chicken, you will start with steaming the chicken for about ten minutes in a pressure cooker.
Once the chicken is out of the pressure cooker, let it cool off completely. For the marinade, you will blend garlic, ginger, green chili, vinegar, and salt until you have a nice fine paste then set it aside. Marinate the steamed chicken in the marinade for about two hours. Have some breadcrumbs on a bowl and beat two eggs in a separate bowl then you are going to coat the chicken in the egg batter then dip it into the breadcrumbs.
Make sure your chicken is well coated with the egg batter and the breadcrumbs then shake off excess and deep fry the chicken until beautiful golden color. To check for doneness, use an instant-read food thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the largest drumstick, away from bone or fat.
Once done, remove the chicken pieces to paper towels to drain. Place the drained chicken on a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil, and move to the warming drawer or oven to keep warm while frying subsequent batches. This chicken is a great starter or a snack for any occasion.
- 1kg chicken (leg and bone pieces)
- Garlic a few cloves
- Ginger 1″ piece
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the chicken for about 10 minutes without water in low flame.
- Grind ginger, green chilies, vinegar, and salt into a fine paste and marinate the chicken with the paste for about 2 hours.
- Whisk 2 eggs and coat the marinated chicken in the egg batter.
- Sprinkle some bread crumbs on it to cover the chicken completely.
- Deep fry the chicken to golden color.