Roast Chicken is one of the dishes that almost everyone loves but roasted chicken and vegetables sound difficult to prepare but don’t be intimidated thinking it is difficult to prepare. This dish is basically a one-pan dish, just prepare your roasted chicken, put it on top of the cooking vegetables, set it in the oven and let it cook.
To start off with our roast chicken, chop your onions and place them in a bowl, cut 3 or more potatoes also into pieces and add on the bowl. Slice half-inched carrots, chopped garlic and add them into the bowl. Add virgin oil into the bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper then pour them in a pan.
For the chicken, season the whole chicken with black pepper, add salt you can use rosemary and thyme, onions and garlic into the whole chicken. Tie then chicken lets to prevent the placed ingredients from coming out then place the chicken on top of our pan containing the vegetables. Add butter on top of the chicken and place it in a preheated oven at 475 degrees for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature and let it cook for another 45 minutes.
If you but chicken that has already been cut into pieces, the process is the same and even much easier than when using the while chicken.
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Chicken thighs or a whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary, and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken.