This is a ridiculously easy homemade chicken bite. It is a saucy little nugget of tender baked chicken bites. To make the oven-baked chicken bites: Preheat your oven to 420°F (220ºC) conventional. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a small bowl, combine all seasonings.
Arrange chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with the seasoning mix. Drizzle a tablespoon olive oil and toss chicken cubes with the seasoning to coat on all sides. Speck seasoned chicken with butter cubes. Bake seasoned chicken in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) using a meat thermometer.
After 8-10 minutes, stir the chicken bites with a spoon for even baking. Once done, the chicken bites should be golden with crisp edges. For crispier chicken bites, switch to broil on high for the last 2 minutes of cooking until golden.
Remove the baking dish from the oven, sprinkle chicken with fresh chopped parsley and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve the oven-baked chicken bites over cauliflower rice with a good drizzle of the pan juices and a slice of lemon.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 to 6 dashes hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks.
- Combine the melted butter, honey, orange peel, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Then add the chicken pieces and toss. Set aside for about 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet. Drizzle any marinade left in the bowl over the chicken.
- Bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes.