This recipe is guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate craving, this chocolate bundt cake with ganache frosting is simple and the glaze makes it feel dressy enough for a special occasion. Star with the dry ingredient, in a bowl, add all-purpose flour then to that add unsweetened cocoa powder and give that a quick whisk then adds baking soda and salt, get them totally combine then set them aside. Combine half a cup of whole milk and half a cup of sour cream in a measuring cup.
The sour cream will add extra moisture to the cake. Into a stand mixer, add butter and sugar then cream them together for about three minutes until nice and fluffy. Add in four-room temperature eggs one at a time while beating after each addition, beat them until you have a smooth batter. Add vanilla extract for flavor then you will start adding the dry ingredients with the milk mixture alternating them until they are finished. Adding the dry and wet ingredients in batches helps the batter to remain stable, nice and smooth.
Make sure you do not overmix the batter, just mix until the dry ingredients are well mixed in. Get a prepared bundt pan that is buttered and sprinkled with cocoa powder to help the cake nit stick in the pan. Add the batter evenly around the bundt pan the have your oven preheated top 325 degrees Fahrenheit, smooth the top and bake the cake for 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center come out clean.
For the ganache glaze, add heavy cream in a saucepan and bring that just to a boil then pour that over a bowl of bittersweet chocolate, let that sit for two minutes for the chocolate to start melting, add two tablespoons of bitter then start mixing them. Once the glaze is beautiful and smooth, set it aside to thicken up and then you will start glazing your cake.
Let the cake cool completely once out of the oven then pour the glaze around the top and let it drop to the sides. Beautiful, chocolatey and simple, you will love this cake. Make it and enjoy it.
For the cake;
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the glaze;
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 14-cup Bundt pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix milk and sour cream in a glass measuring cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk mixture and beginning and ending with the flour; beat until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate. Let stand for 2 minutes. Add butter, and mix until smooth.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over cake.