Making a garlic chicken with lime is a really simple way to make chicken and it sure packs a punch o flavor. To start, to are going to make a little seasoning mix. Yo will need garlic powder, salt, paprika, dried parsley, pepper and a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Give that a good mix then sprinkle it over your chicken thighs but you can also use chicken breasts if you like that better.
Season your chicken generously on both sides then depending with the size of your chicken thighs you may need to double your spice mix. Next, you re going to head on over to the stove and get the skillet heating over high heat. Add in two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and two tablespoons of butter.
Get the butter all melted and then reduce the heat to the medium you are going to add in the chicken thighs and get them cooking. Chicken thighs need to cook for about four to five minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can always use a meat thermometer to ensure your accuracy, flip your chicken and let it cook on the other side. The last thing you are going to add in the chicken is the juice of two limes or about four tablespoons. Drizzle it over the chicken and then add in four cloves of garlic crushed in and get that sauteeing real quick.
Move the garlic around and get it cooking in the pan, it only needs about a minute to cook.Turn off the heat and then spoon the juice over the top of each chicken thighs. Toss in a few lime wedges or sliced in there to make to pretty and you are ready to eat.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 chicken thighs or breast halves, rinsed and patted dry
- lime wedge
- Whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Marinate chicken, covered and refrigerated, turning once or twice, for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and arrange skin side up, without crowding, in a shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If the chicken has a skin, turn oven to broil.
- Broil chicken about 2 inches from the heat until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.