This cake is so soft, moist and buttery. Serve with tea for our family and enjoy. This recipe is definitely a keeper.! Start by adding 250 grams of room temparature butter in a mixing bowl. To that add 200 grams of castor sugar and beat together at low speed until light and fluffy (About 2 minutes) then increase the speed to medium and continue beating for about 15 minutes until it turns into a whitish mixture.
You need 5 eggs for this cake, add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition. Mix well until the egg is mixed before adding the next. Scrape the sides of the bowl when mixing to make sure everything is mixed well. Once done, prepare the dry ingredients by adding baking powder into cake flour and sift the flour into the batter in small addition while combining after each addition.
Do not overmix. When you are done adding the dry ingredients and yoiu have a smooth batter with no lumps, add 50 ml of fresh milk and mix just until the milk is incorporated, add vanilla essence and give it one minute mix. Prepare the baking pan by greasing it with butter and lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap it on the counter to remove any trapped air bubbles then bake in a 320 Fahrenheit (160C) oven for 50 – 60 minutes. Once baked and out of the oven, remove the cake from the pan and let it cool down for 30 minutes then serve.
- 250g / 8.8Oz butter
- 200g / 7.05Oz castor sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 230g (2cups) / 8.1Oz cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50ml fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift baking powder together with cake flour. Put aside.
- Beat butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy then add 5 whole eggs one by one
- Add sifted ingredients and mix well
- Add milk and vanilla essence. Mix again until combined.
- Grease the baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking pan/ tray and bake at 320F (160°C) for 1 hour