Mixed fruit muffins are absolutely heartwarming. You may also use regular flour if you’re not concerned about the wheat. Soak about 1/4 cup of snipped dried cherries and 1/4 cup of chopped dried mango in about 1 cup of boiling water, while you prepare the batter for basic muffins. Drain the water and stir the dried fruit into the batter. Spoon the batter into muffin tins, and top with additional dried cherries and chopped dried fruits. Mix up dry ingredients starting with all-purpose flour, bicarbonate soda and mix everything together. Crack one egg in a separate bowl and mix with three tablespoons of oil then add in honey, mix that then add one cup of honey.
Pour the wet ingredienst to the dry ingredients then add a teaspoon of vanilla and put in about half a cup of dried chopped fruits. You can use dates, sultanas or raisins, you can also add nuts. Cover the batter with a plastic wrap and let it rest overnight or at least two hours. Once the batter is read, give it a stir then spoon on to pattypans about three-quarters full. Bak them in a 425-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped fresh fruit or 1 1/2 cups finely chopped dried fruit
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Or line the cups with papers, and grease the papers.
- Blend together the dry ingredients, add chopped fruit and stir.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil or butter, eggs, and vanilla — until light.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two briefly — about 20 seconds should do it.
- Fill the cups of the muffin pan two-thirds to three-quarters full.
- Sprinkle with sparkling white sugar, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- Remove them from the oven, and as soon as you can handle them turn them out of the pan onto a rack to cool.