This classic yellow cake bakes so moist and fluffy and uses simple ingredients. Place softened butter into a large bowl then add sugar. Mix that up until the butter and sugar is well mixed and creamy, add beaten egg yolk and continue to mix them. The egg yolk will give our cake the amazing yellow color that we are looking for, set that aside.
In another bowl with flour, add a little salt and baking flour. In the first bowl, add buttermilk and whisk then add the flour mixture from the second bowl, mix up real good. Add vanilla extract to the mixture and continue to mix until they are soft. Whilst the egg white in a small bowl until light and fluffy then place the egg white into our cake butter mix.
Grease the cake pan with flour then place the butter in the pan(s), give it a little shake so that the butter can evenly spread in the pan The oven should be at 325 F and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes and making sure that the cake is well baked, remove from the oven and let it cool
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- egg white from the egg
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Prepare two round cake pans by greasing them and then adding some flour and tapping it around the pan to coat. Tap the excess flour out of the pan.
- Measure out all of your ingredients for each section of the recipe and keep each grouping together to help with the workflow of the recipe
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or with a hand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium/high speed until they start forming medium peaks.
- Mix the ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula. Once the dry ingredients are saturated, add about 1/2 cup of the egg whites into the mixture and stir it in completely to lighten the batter.
- Add in 1/2 of the rest of the egg whites and gently fold them in being careful not to deflate them.
- Add in the rest of the egg whites and fold them in gently until completely combined.
- Bake cake at 350 F for 20-23 minutes until the cake is set and a cake tester comes out with moist crumbs. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.