This pound cake is special and one of the best that you will ever bake, it has the flavours of coconuts, rum, butter, vanilla and lemon. It is a crazy combination for a cake but it totally works and the cake will amaze you. Start by adding softened butter in a large bowl together with sugar then blend them together until nice and creamy.
Add in 5 large eggs and beat them in then for the dry ingredients, add baking powder, salt, and then add all the five extract. You will add five teaspoons one of each of the flavours that is vanilla, coconut, rum, butter and lemon. Blend everything into the butter mixture then you will add three cups of flour and one cup of milk. You will do this in three additions alternating the flour and the milk until they are well combined and the batter is whipped to smooth.
For this recipe, I will use the bundt pan but you can use any type of the pan that you have, make sure you butter the pan really well then lightly flour the pan so that your cake comes out cleanly. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and smoothen it then get your oven preheated to 340 degrees Fahrenheit and you will bake the cake for about 65 to 70 minutes.
Once baked, allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then flip it onto a plate and let it cool completely. For the gaze which is optional, take one cup of powdered sugar into a jer together with a quarter of a cup of heavy cream and five teaspoons of each extract used in the cake.
Whisk that together until you achieve the desired consistency then take the cake and drizzle over the glaze. Make sure the cake is completely cooled before glazing or else the glaze will melt and run over the cake and not stick. This is a very beautiful cake that is really delicious just on its own.
For the Cake;
- 1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavouring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavouring
- 1 teaspoon butter flavouring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
Powdered Sugar Glaze;
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (plus a few more tablespoons if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut flavouring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavouring
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavouring
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees. Grease a 10″ bundt pan with shortening, then dust with flour.
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and flavourings. Mix well.
- Add the flour and milk alternately, mixing and scraping the bowl between each addition.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 65-70 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size and shape of your bundt pan so
- watch it closely. Don’t open the oven until you think it is done.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Turn the cake onto a cake plate to cool completely.
To Make the Glaze;
- Combine the sugar and extracts in a small bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream. Whisk together.
- Add more heavy cream 1 tablespoon at a time until you get the correct drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and serve.