This is a perfect sponge cake that you can make every single time. This no-fail simple cake recipe can be used with just about any topping in any frosting. You will use an 8 inch round inch baking pan and you can use this recipe for about any size you want. For the ingredients, you will need 6 large eggs, a cup of all-purpose flour, baking powder and white granulated sugar.
Add all the eggs in a mixer bowl and also add in sugar and then beats in high heat until the eggs are really thick and pale or almost white in color. Depending on your mixer, this could take around 7 to 10 minutes. Once the batter is done, mix the flour and the baking powder then sift the dry ingredients to the batter.
Use a spatula to gently fold everything together, you can also do this in small batches, adding the four and mixing the batter until they are done. Immediately transfer the batter into your parchment-lined baking tin, for this recipe, you will need two tins and transfer the batter among the tins. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 12 minutes or just until they are golden on the top.
Once they are out of the oven, run a knife along the edge of the tin just to loosen the cake then invert the cake on a cooling rack. Turning the cake immediately after they are out of the oven will ensure you have an even flat cake ontop. Take off the parchment paper then let the cakes cool off completely. You can slice or frost them and make a layer cake.
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2, 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper without greasing the sides. Place eggs and sugar into a mixer bowl and whisk on high speed until thick and pale, almost white in color.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Sift flour into egg batter in small batches, folding very gently until all flour is added. Immediately pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from pans immediately onto cooling racks and remove parchment paper.
- Let cool completely before slicing in half.