This eggless cake is so spongy and tastes yummy, you can add some chocolate chips for extra taste, it is made with whole wheat flour and
sweetened with condensed milk. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celcius then sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Sifting the flour is very important because it will help the mixture light and airy which will result in a fluffy cake, add in sugar and whisk it in.
In a separate bowl add buttermilk, to that add oil, you can use any flavourless oil then add vanilla extract for flavouring then mix until everything is combined. Create a well at the centre of the dry ingredients then pour the wet ingredients in then using a spatula, fold everything in gently just until they dry ingredients are moistened then you should stop mixing.
You will need a 7-inch round cake tin that is buttered the lined with parchment paper then pour in the mixture and bake it in preheated 170 degrees Celcius oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Since every oven is different, start keeping an eye on the cake from the 40th minute just to make surer the cake does not over bake and burn.
Once out of the oven, let the cake cool for at least ten minutes then remove the cake from the pan. Use an offset spatula to run it in the inside of the pan to free the cake then flip it on a plate.
- 1.5 cup (192grams) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (200 grams)caster sugar
- 1 cup (236ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) flavourless oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and butter and line a 7″ round pan.
- In a bowl, sift together Wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Once the flour is sifted, whisk it with a wire whisk for few seconds to generate more air in the mixture.
- Once mixed, add caster sugar in this flour mixture and mix again until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Mix properly until well combined.
- Now make a well at the centre of your dry ingredients and slowly pour the wet ingredients into it.
- Gently mix these together with the help of a spatula. Do not over mix and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 45 -50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, let it cool on the wire rack for about 10-15 minutes and then de-mould it.
- Cut the cake into desired sized slices and have it with a cup of hot tea.
- If you want you can also frost this with your favourite frosting, or just sprinkle it with some cinnamon sugar or only powdered sugar before serving.