This Cadbury eggless chocolate ice cream is divine, creamy and sweet. Use any milk chocolate or dark chocolate of your choice, chop the chocolate bar evenly then melt it over a double boiler which is placing a bowl of chocolate pieces over another bowl of boiling water but the water should not touch the bowl with the chocolate.
The heat from the hot water is what will help the chocolate to melt. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl and set it aside to cool then in a clean bowl, beat whipping cream for about 2 to 3 minutes until thick then you will add condensed milk, vanilla essence and cocoa powder then gently mix until everything is well combined.
At this stage, add the melted cooled chocolate and fold the melted chocolate with a spatula until well combined, once combined, add more broken chocolate to the chocolate batter then fold that in and then pour the chocolate cream mixture to tin and flatten the top with a spatula then wrap with a cling wrap and place in a freezer for up to 8 hours. Scoop the chocolate ice cream and enjoy it cold.
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- ½ cup (120ml) condensed milk
- 200g Dairy Milk Silk (or any chocolate of your preference)
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Using a double boiler method or microwave, melt the chocolate and keep it aside and let it come to room temperature.
- In a large chilled bowl take chilled whipping cream and with a hand beater or a whisk beat for around 2 minutes till it becomes slightly thick.
- Now add condensed milk, vanilla essence and cocoa powder. Mix everything together and beat till it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the melted chocolate and gently fold it into the whipping cream.
- Transfer the ice cream in a bowl and cover it with a cling wrap or a lid.
- Keep it in the freezer for 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.