They taste just like the breadsticks from Olive Garden, but even better, because you can make them at home and they are easy to make and way cheaper than store-bought. To make these breadsticks, you will start by mixing up a simple breadstick dough in a stand mixer and knead until done then let it rise about one hour, or until it has doubled in size.
Next, divide the dough into twelve equal sized pieces that are about two ounces each. Roll each piece of dough out into a long rope and place 2 inches apart on a lined baking sheet. Cover the breadsticks and let them rise for about one hour. During the last ten minutes of rising time, preheat the oven to 425.
Bake the breadsticks 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. If you don’t have garlic salt, you could mix some garlic powder and regular table salt together.
- 1 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl of the mixer.
- Leave sitting for 10 minutes to allow yeast to bloom.
- Gradually add flour while mixing on low until the dough forms a ball.
- Spray a bowl with non-stick spray and transfer dough to bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and place in a warm place to allow the dough to double then grease baking sheets.
- Turn out dough on a floured surface.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle.
- Cut in half, and then cut into 1″ thick strips.
- Roll and shape each strip into sticks.
- Place on prepared sheets about 2″ apart.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
- Brush breadsticks with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush finished breadsticks with remaining butter before serving.